I’m Vered Kogan, and I’m so happy you’re here.
I believe that every person is capable and deserving of creating the life they desire.
My life’s mission is to inspire, empower, and support people to discover what they deeply desire and to BELIEVE in their potential so they can feel even more aligned and create the life of their dreams.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Schulich School of Business, York University
- Human Resource Management Certification: Graduate School of Management, University of Dallas
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc): Civil Engineering, University of Toronto
- Professional Coaching Designation: Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Advanced Training: Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Board Certified Hypnotherapist, Trainer of Time Line Therapy, Certified HeartMath Trainer, Adler Certified Professional Coach (ACPC), Certified Career Management Coach (CCMC), Certified Brain-Based Success Coach (CBBSC), and Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW).
- Career and Leadership Assessment Certifications: Myers-Briggs Type Instrument (Step I and Step II), DISC, Strong Interest Inventory, Motivators, and EQ Emotional Intelligence.
- Affiliations: International Coach Federation (ICF) and National Speaker Association (NSA)
I’ve experienced several career transitions in my life. In some cases, I reinvented myself by choice and at other times in response to setbacks. I have learned to view transitions as invitations to explore new possibilities.
I started my career as a civil engineer, following in the footsteps of my father. I quickly realized that I did not want to practice engineering for the rest of my days. I loved working with the technicians and other staff, but did not enjoy the technical component of my job. So, I decided to expand my future opportunities by enrolling in an MBA program, which later led to an incredible management consulting position at one of the world’s largest professional services firms. Two years later, an unexpected job loss due to the organization’s restructuring required me to reassess my life once again.
What I didn’t know then is that being laid off would later inspire me to pursue my life’s calling- professional coaching.
I was fortunate to have received an outplacement program from my employer and got to experience coaching first-hand. My coach, Michael, helped me to overcome fears and self-doubt, and to clarify what I wanted to do next. Within a few weeks, I successfully landed a marketing role that I loved.
A year later, my husband and I made the decision to move for his studies, and I quickly found myself unemployed in a new country with a newborn baby and a toddler. I had instantly transitioned from being a working parent to being a full-time stay-at-home mom. Although I loved the opportunity to spend more time with my girls, a part of my soul was hurting. I secretly felt unchallenged and unfulfilled. My inner voice was clearly guiding me to follow my heart’s desire, and I chose to listen. I decided to make a change.
As I explored possible paths for this next phase of my career, I reflected on the transformational experience that I had with my coach.
I loved the idea of supporting others as he supported me. So, I decided to enroll in a post-graduate HR Management program and, within two years, accepted a rewarding position to coach women in transition.
Since that time, I have continued to stretch myself and soak up as much knowledge and experience as I could. My friends and family will tell you that I’ve also started a certificate collection from all the coaching programs I’ve attended. In 2012, I proudly launched Vered Kogan Coaching LLC, a boutique executive and career coaching practice.
As I reflect back on my path so far, I wholeheartedly believe that every experience- every joy and every challenge- was a tremendous gift that led me to where I am today!
On a Personal Note
I am happily married to my husband Paul and have three incredible daughters. I currently live in Scottsdale, AZ where I cherish time with family and friends.
I love to travel and capture the memories by taking lots of photos and making fun home videos.
People who know me say that I am supportive, insightful, and a gifted listener. Drawing out people’s deepest desires and helping them to make those dreams come true is one of my greatest joys.